Hidden gem unlocked in Nairobi's Village Market

 

Karel -T Lounge: Village Market's Hidden Gem

Live Jazz • Exceptional Dining • Unforgettable Ambience

Discovering Karel T Lounge: Nairobi's Best Kept Secret

The hidden gem we are revealing today is Karel T Lounge, a treasure tucked away at the Village Market. Located on the boundary of the new and old wing before you take the escalators, this place is nothing short of magnificent.

From the moment you walk in, you are met with the kindest steward, Livingston. He welcomes you warmly and guides you to choose where you would like to sit. The venue offers different seating arrangements including:

  • Garden seating - Under a massive tree with blooming flowers and greenery
  • Downstairs sitting - Cozy and intimate
  • Upstairs seating - Very elegant with various configurations








๐Ÿ’ก How I Discovered This Gem

I discovered Karel T Lounge when one day I was walking past and heard a live jazz band playing. As a jazz lover, I was sold! The ambience immediately told me I had found a hidden gem, and I made a decision to come explore this place. So here we are!

๐ŸŽต The Live Jazz Experience

What sets Karel T Lounge apart is their live jazz band every Saturday from 7pm to 10pm. The band is 100% talented, full of energy, and creates an atmosphere that has every patron enjoying every moment. This is not just background music—it's a full jazz experience that transforms your evening into something magical.



๐Ÿฝ️ The Food & Drinks

Visit #1: Steak Madagascar Experience

On my first visit, I sat upstairs in the elegant section. The wait staff here are on another level—meticulous uniforms, very neat, and professional in all their execution from welcoming you to taking your orders to serving the food and following up to ensure you're enjoying your meal.

My waiter made an excellent recommendation: Steak Madagascar with spinach cream and sautรฉed potatoes. The meal was absolutely delicious! While the portion isn't very large, it's definitely filling.



๐Ÿ’ฐ Visit #1 Cost Breakdown

  • ✓ Steak Madagascar: KES 2,500
  • ✓ Cocktails (Happy Hour - Buy 2 Get 1 Free): KES 1,000 each
  • ✓ Water
  • Total Spent: KES 5,500

There's an option to have dessert (averaging KES 1,000 - 1,500), but I was too full to order one!




Visit #2: Burgers & Smoothies with My BFF

The second time I visited with my best friend, we opted for burgers and fries. The portions were satisfying and filling. We complemented our meal with smoothies, which were absolutely awesome!

๐Ÿ’ฐ Visit #2 Cost Breakdown

  • ✓ Burgers: KES 1,500 - 2,000
  • ✓ Smoothies: KES 600 
๐Ÿ“ธ

Smoothies

Photo of the smoothies

800x800px

Visit #3: Working & Winding Down

On my third visit, I wanted to experience the downstairs seating space. I chose to sit outside while waiting for my order, working on my laptop and enjoying the sunshine streaming through the trees and fresh air. This space is perfect for digital nomads and remote workers!



Once my meal was ready, I moved to a cozy lovely indoor spot. I was craving burger and fries again—and they didn't disappoint. I washed the meal down with cocktails during their buy-two-get-one-free happy hour.

๐Ÿ’ฐ Visit #3 Cost Breakdown

  • ✓ Burger with fries: KES 1,500
  • ✓ Cocktails (Buy 2 Get 1 Free): KES 1,000 each

I ended up staying until 7pm to experience the live jazz band again. Pure magic!

⭐ The Service Excellence

The service at Karel T Lounge deserves special mention. Livingston, the steward, is incredibly kind. He takes your photos in different spots so you can capture Instagram-worthy moments and memories. He took several photos of me without hesitation!



The wait staff know the menu inside out and provide excellent recommendations. They're attentive, ensuring you're enjoying your food and drinks throughout your visit. Good service deserves recognition, so I made sure to tip both Livingston and my waiters, along with verbal appreciation for their exceptional service.

๐Ÿšป The Facilities

The washrooms are very clean and neat—a non-negotiable aspect for any establishment. Karel T Lounge passes this test with flying colors.

๐Ÿ’ก Perfect For

  • Jazz enthusiasts - Saturday evening live performances
  • Date nights - Romantic ambience and excellent service
  • Birthday celebrations - Upstairs has couch setups for groups
  • Remote workers - Quiet daytime atmosphere, especially downstairs/garden
  • Solo dining - Intimate tables and welcoming staff
  • Group gatherings - Various seating configurations available


My Rating

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

5/5 Stars - Exceptional!

Ambience: ๐Ÿ’ฏ | Service: ๐Ÿ’ฏ | Food: ๐Ÿ’ฏ | Value: ๐Ÿ’ฏ

๐Ÿ“ Final Thoughts

Kudos to the management of Karel T Lounge for creating such an exceptional experience. The ambience, hospitality, and staff professionalism all combine to deliver a 5-star experience. Whether you're looking for a work-friendly cafรฉ during the day or an enchanting jazz experience on Saturday evenings, Karel T Lounge delivers.

The combination of excellent service, delicious food, delightful cocktails, and that unforgettable live jazz band makes this one of Nairobi's best-kept secrets.

๐ŸŽฌ Watch My Full Video Review!

See Karel T Lounge in action, hear the jazz band, and experience the ambience through my video content

Watch on TikTok Watch on YouTube

๐Ÿ’ฌ Join the Conversation

Have you been to Karel T Lounge before? Share your experience in the comments below! Or if you're planning to visit this hidden gem after reading this review, let me know what you're most excited to try!

Follow @curatedexperiencesbyluxe on all social platforms for more hidden gems across Nairobi!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning a stay in Nairobi? Your Complete Guide to Short Term Rentals in Nairobi, Kenya: What to Expect and Look For

Exclusive Off-Plan · Kilimani, Nairobi:Nairobi Fountain Residency.20 Floors. 160 Premium Homes. One Address.

Alternative Real Estate Investments in Kenya Beyond Apartments: Discover High-ROI Investment Models for Diaspora Investors & Landowners